Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to place your advertisement here or if you wish to respond to the below application.
Looking for Employment:
Dear Sir /Madam
I am a Maritime and International business professional, currently employed in Warehouse Dispatch and a Permanent Resident of Australia. I have over 4 years of work experience in cargo operations and logistics. I am result oriented with accomplishments in voyage planning, hazard management and human resource management, having thorough understanding of strategy, maritime and risk management principles and have travelled to over 15 countries with a multinational team.
I am looking for a role in the commercial side of shipping, preferably in vessel operations but would be pleased to undertake any suitable role commensurate with my ability and qualifications. I am currently attempting the ICS qualifying examination.
Fleet Management Limited – 4 years
Fleet Management Limited is an independent third-party ship management firm based in Hong Kong, with over 12,000 qualified seafarers and 350 vessels under management.
Ship’s Officer Dec 2012 – Aug 2016
- Navigated merchant ships and coordinated cargo operations of bulk cargos valuing US$ 25-50M between major international ports
- Led 15 member crew team in critical ship operations to achieve the business target within agreed chartered SLAs
- Prepared various legal documents such as custom & immigration forms, ship certificates etc. prior vessel’s port arrival
- Procured and maintained life saving equipment & fire fighting appliances
- Responsible for upkeep and operation of navigation equipment on-board ships
- Conducted regular safety drills in-line with company’s QHSE policies and devised strategies for seamless and accident free operations
- Responsible for cadet’s training for sea freight operations and safety measures
- Promoted to Third Navigating Officer in 14 months, industry trend is more than 2 years;
- Received good appraisals for quick subsequent promotions by Masters and Superintendents of the vessels;
- Received multiple bonus for completing incident free contracts and for promoting safety culture at work;
- Performed successful dry docking operations of 25 years old bulk carrier in Guangzhou, China and 10 years old oil products tanker in Istanbul, Turkey;
- Part of the team which carried out man overboard rescue operation in Atlantic Ocean.
- Certificate of Competency for 2nd Mate Foreign Going byMinistry of Shipping, India;
- General Operator Certificate for Global Maritime Distress and Safety Systems by theMinistry of Communications & Information Technology, India;
- Certificate of Recognition- Cleared the examination, certificate to be issued by Australian Maritime Safety Authority;
- Certified advanced First Aid Administrator and Firefighter.
2017 – 2018 Appearing for examinations leading to Membership of Institute of Chartered Ship Brokers, London
2009 – 2015 B.S. Nautical Technology – Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani University, India
2008 – 2009 Senior School Certificate – Pundit Mohan Lal SD Public School, Chandigarh, India
2006 – 2007 Secondary School Examination – St. John’s High School, Chandigarh, India
- Rewarded scholarship twice for all round excellence (Tolani Maritime Institute);
- Graduated with a Cummulative Grade Point Average of 8.06 out of a possible 10 from Birla Institute of Technology and Science;
- Tolani Maritime Institute Vice-Captain and Editorial Committee Lead for college magazine.